Sunday, October 26, 2014

C4K's for October




October represented with witch hats and bats


10/5:
     Darrell's blog post is a picture interpretation of the color he made up called "dream cloud-ish".  Darrell created a volcano with a dinosaur at the bottom.  His picture shows that he is a very creative student and he dreams about dinosaurs and volcanoes.
Interpretation of the color called dream cloud ish

My comment:
      My name is Kathryn Ortmann and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I am studying to be a teacher and am learning how to use technology in classrooms. I love your picture! “Dream cloud-ish” is a fantastic color and I am glad you drew a volcano, I think they are very cool things. I especially like the creature at the bottom of your picture, which I think is a dinosaur and in that case is a pretty awesome thing indeed. 

10/12:

      Liliana's blog post is about a blogging challenge where she talks about a book she read aloud during school.  The book is called The Fourteenth Goldfish but she was surprised to find out that the book has nothing to do with goldfish!  Liliana is excited about the book and is enjoying reading and looks forward to what will happen next in the story.

My comment:

      Hello! My name is Kathryn Ortmann and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I am taking a class in college that is teaching me about using technology in the classroom. I enjoyed your post and am shocked to find out that “The Fourteenth Goldfish” isn’t about a goldfish! I really liked your description of the book and thank you for explaining what happened so well. I noticed that this was a read aloud assignment. I am studying in college to be an English teacher and would like to know if you think reading aloud is fun. I enjoyed it when I was younger, but I would be interested to know what you think!

10/19:

      Jersey's blog post is a short but sweet post.  They simply say that they like learning while at school.  This is a great thing to hear, it's always nice to know students actually like what they are learning, they're much more fun to work with! 

My comment;

       Hello! My name is Kathryn Ortmann and I am in an EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I love that you love learning! There are so many nifty things to learn about! My favorite thing to learn about is the process a caterpillar goes through to become a butterfly. I just think its really awesome. What’s your favorite thing to learn about?

10/26:

Box of Weet-bix      Toma's blog post is about him learning how to read a map in his literacy class.  He is learning the cardinal directions and they have come up with a clever acronym to learn North, South, East, and West.  His phrase is "Never eat soggy weet-bix".  I looked up weet-bic and they do not look very pleasant to be something eaten while soggy!

My comment: 

      Hey, Toma! Like my fellow classmates, I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. Maps and directions are one thing I have struggled with. I have found the saying of "Never Eat Soggy Waffles" helps, but only if I can remember which letter goes where! I really enjoyed reading about your progress though, knowing what is north, south, east, and west is great, it'll help you a lot as you move through your education! I also looked up Weet-bix, and you're right, they do not look like they would be very tasty while soggy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment